Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

First Post

I've never blogged before, I am sure that no-one will want to read it but here goes...

Why am i doing it?  I have signed up to do the Great North Run and wanted to do something to chart my progress.  I also have an interest in all things eco and have been interested in other people's hints and tips for eco friendly things, money saving hints and tips.  I also have an interest in writing stuff down  - well there's nothing on the telly is there?

Why Running Green Llama?  I googled running and green to see if anything interesting came up and there was a link for running green llama.  In my eco friendliness I have a hankering to keep Llamas, although I am not sure if that is eco friendly.  I like Llamas, they are comical creatures, they always look to me like they are pretending to not be there.

What might there be of interest?  who knows, my interests are as stated running, weight loss and health issues generally, the environment, music and travel.  Oh and the husband and 2 kids.  All of these things and more may come up.   Hopefully my limited computer skills may be extended to make the pages interesting and inviting.

My running journey commenced a few years ago in a bid to lose weight, I just had an "urge" to start.  I did a 10K run through Hyde Park a few years back and haven't done much since then.  My lovely sister (10 years younger and a lot lighter) wanted to do the GNR last year and I said I'd join her but we lost our wonderful mum just before Christmas 2009 and lost heart.  But a year on we both applied for the ballot, unbeknown to each other, and both got in!!  Blimey - better start training then.

So a few weeks down the line and I can do 2.5 miles in half an hour running about half and walking about half (lots of halves there) and I can walk / jog 5 miles occasionally with rather more walking than jogging.  This is a distinct improvement from a few weeks ago when i could barely run at all.  My biggest achievement so far is that i ran for the whole of Damian Rice's Elephant (not really a jogging song it must be admitted) UPHILL!!!  Yayy - go me.

My biggest barriers to improvement are house, family and work.  Currently I am snowed under with marking assignments and writing exam papers, both of which are already late.

Facebook and twitter occasionally get in the way as well!  Oh and I've bought a kindle so that needs things loading onto it before I take it to France for 3 weeks.

So now it is time for bed, I hope to post regularly with updated progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment