Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Mock Ice Cream- from a banana

I must confess this isn't my idea, but it is a great treat.

Take one banana and freeze it.  I had Just shoved a whole banana in its skin in the freezer - but it might be better to skin the banana and freeze in chunks in a plastic bag.

 Remove from the freezer and leave a few moments to defrost


Then place in a bowl and, with a stick blender, blend until you get the consistency of ice cream.  You can see it starting to form above.


When it's completely blended you can add some flavour if you like.  I added a tablespoon of nut butter.  I have used Nutella, or just vanilla essence.  But I like nut butter.

It's lovely as a treat 


1 comment:

  1. I chucked them in skinned and it was a faff so I lob them in the freezer peeled and bagged now. I love a banana smoothie in my blender but too many bananas give me tummy ache

    ReplyDelete