Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

Date and banana sugar free flapjacks

Warning!! These are lush!

I like a flapjack, theory are quick and easy to make, perfect for lunch boxes, freeze really well and absolutely, totally packed full of sugar !  I would usually include sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk into mine.

So a quick Internet search for sugar free ones led me to mums net - not a site I usually frequent, even though I am a mum.  As you see from the photo, it doesn't make loads so I will double it all next time, and I do the banana and dates in the food processor so they are a lot finer.

Hope I am ok to post the link


http://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/259-Sugar-free-banana-and-date-flapjacks


And the recipe


Ingredients

  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 80ml vegetable oil
  • 180g oats
  • 175g dates, chopped
  • 2 bananas, sliced

Method

  1. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
  2. Add the dates and oil to the bananas and mix together.
  3. Stir in the oats and the vanilla essence and 
    leave for 5 mins, so the oats absorb the oil.
  4. Spoon the mixture into a well greased baking tray and bake at 175C/Gas Mark 5 for about 25 minutes.
  5. Serve.

Handy Hint

Cut into squares while still warm.




2 comments:

  1. Well that will do me, where's yours? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been having a look at your blog, wow I hav a way to go yet!! So sorry about your friend, how ghastly. Are you over the dairy thing now? I had some wheat based stuff today and I certainly know about it.

    ReplyDelete