Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Busy, Busy

Such a busy time.  We are in the throes of getting V off to University, well drama school really - the conservatory and the spare room look like a bomb has gone off!  I am desperately trying to keep up with all the laundry so she can start off with clean, pressed clothes.

How we are going to get everything into the car I don't know.

I think she is mentally ready to go.  i was afraid that she wouldn't be, she has had a long summer off and was happy in her routine.  But this is what she has wanted since she was 10 years old so we can't be sorry that she is finally doing it.

We have been so busy trying to get everything organised that I haven't had too much time to dwell on the reality of her going.  I have focussed on the positives

1. she is doing something she desperately wants to do
2. I don't have to think about what to feed her - she can be quite fussy
3. i can get my hands on her bedroom!  With her permission, of course.  There are corners of that room that haven't seen the light of day for years - literally.
4. it is time for her to go.  She has been relatively sheltered, it is time to grow up.

So she is off on Sunday - I hope the world is ready


No comments:

Post a Comment