Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

Ooh dear - it's been a while.

So, despite my vows to the contrary, it has been nearly a month since my last post.  And what a month!

V has left home and gone to Uni.  We miss her of course, but she is so well and happy and thrilled to finally be doing something that she has wanted to do for so long, that it is hard to be too sad.  it was difficult to leave her but we are slowly gettting used to it.  Some things are better - the mess she leaves behind her and accommodating her faddy eating.

Lectures started again for me - hence the absence, but I am slowly getting on top of it all.  And then, finally, a dose of the trots has put me all behind again - pardon the pun :) .

The upset stomach saw me lose 3lb in one day - so I have finally broken the 10st 7lb barrier I was rather stuck at and I hope not to see that again.  Today has been my first day back on 5:2 and it has been easier than i thought it would be.  i am so determined not to put the weight back on that I will continue this way of eating - it does seem to suit.

So I have been looking around the various "nutrition" based blogs and done some baking.  I really must put up some links to favourite blogs.  Anyhow, here are a couple of things i have baked recently that have worked well.

Easy chewy biscuits

2 bananas
cup of oats
1/4 cup of chocolate chips or raisins

Mash bananas using a potato masher, until smooth
mix in the cup of oats the choc chips / raisins

put some dollops on a greased / lined baking sheet and squish flat (remember these won't grow any more than you squash them).  i got 16 biscuits out of them.  The instructions say to bake for 10 mins or so in a moderately high oven - I think mine was at about 170 degrees c.

Lovely and chewy.



And then another I got from here - Flourless chocolate brownies, made with Kidney beans!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/amazing-flour-less-brownies.html




Very Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment