Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Cooking from Scratch

I love to cook from scratch but sometimes it's hard to find time.  On Sunday night I turned the chicken carcass from dinner and some wrinkly veg into lovely stock.  So last night I had the rather gruesome job of picking all the meat off the bones, straining the stock, adding fresh veg and turning it into wonderful, tasty, nutritious soup / stew - probably for about £2.  it will provide about 10 - 12 meals.  A lot of its contents would have probably ended up in compost.  The pain of cooking last night meant that tonight I just had to warm a bowlful up for my tea.  Trouble is I still had to cook the kids something as they won't eat the stew!

I also made this..





Lemon Drizzle cake - a family favourite.

At some Point, I will post the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment